Lobb Fields Touring and Camping Park
www.lobbfields.com | 01271 812090 | email@example.com
Lobb Fields Touring and Camping Park is situated one mile from the village of Braunton, which has good shops, pubs, restaurants and supermarkets. The site is within easy reach of Saunton Beach (1½ miles) and Croyde Beach (3½ miles).
The site area, consisting of 2 fields, is gently sloping or flat, and offers 180 numbered pitches, 121 of which have electric hook up points. There are 13 hard standing pitches, (the rest are grass), and 20 seasonal pitches. All pitches are within easy reach of water points, refuse areas and fire points. During August there is a further camping field for tents only.
Arrival and checking-in
Main entrance and path to reception
Reception is situated in a large car parking area adjoining the front gate. It is well lit at night and is accessed by several steps that have a hand rail.
• The entrance door is 740mm wide. The floor is level, except for a small raised section at the door way and is covered with a non-slip vinyl.
• There is a cushioned seating area and it is lit by 2 defused overhead lights.
If guests require assistance Lobb Fields staff will be more than happy to assist or if required will come out of reception and check them in from the car parking area.
At a glance
• Pitches are allocated when booking and staff are happy to discuss which pitches may best suit your requirements.
• Well behaved dogs are welcome on site providing they are on a lead or tied up at all times.
• The roadways are mixture of tarmac, chippings and stone and for the safety of the guests are governed by a 10mph speed limit.
• The internal gates on site are locked to vehicular access during the hours of 11pm to 8am. There is pedestrian access at all times.
• Resident wardens are situated on site in both fields and are available overnight in cases of emergency.
• There are two amenity blocks, one located in the Bottom Field and one in the Middle Field. Each block offers: separate male and female toilets, showers, baby changing facilities, covered washing up areas, laundry facilities and an outdoor shower for sandy items.
• Located at the bottom block is a unisex accessible toilet and wet room. Entry to the room is level and through a 900mm wide doorway and the flooring is of non-slip tiles. There are vertical and horizontal rails and supports near the toilet and showers for use as well as a light weight plastic chair.
• There are 2 chemical disposal points and 2 recycling areas.
• Wifi service is available on site for a fee and is accessed through your own device.
There is a defibrillator located in reception.
Communal areas and equipment
• There is an unsupervised playground which is available for children under the age of 12 years staying on site.
• A public telephone kiosk is available 24 hours a day and there is good coverage of all mobile networks.
Emergency evacuation procedures
• There is an emergency alarm activated by a cord if assistance is required. This room is generally kept locked and if required a key can be obtained from reception for the duration of the stay.
Lobb Fields Caravan and Camping Park, Saunton Road, Braunton, Devon, EX33 1HG
Travel by car / parking
• From M5 junction 27 at Tiverton follow the A361 to Barnstaple
• From Barnstaple stay on the A361, following signposts to Ilfracombe and Braunton
• In the centre of Braunton turn left at the main traffic lights onto the B3231 towards Saunton
• Stay on Saunton Road
• After just over 1 mile turn right into Lobb Fields, clearly marked on the right of the road
SatNav postcode: EX33 1HG
The nearest railway station is 6 miles away in Barnstaple. The station has good links with local buses and taxis to complete your journey.
Bus services and mobility assistance
There is a bus service which stops directly outside the campsite on West Meadow Road and offers a regular service to Croyde, Georgeham or Barnstaple and Appledore.
For full details of the timetables please visit the Stagecoach website.
You can hire wheelchairs and other mobility equipment at local company Braunton Mobility. Click the link or call them on 01271 814577 to discuss your requirements.
This access statement is available in a larger print if required.
Guide last updated: 4 February 2019